Sunday, January 8, 2012

Canadian Tire Kelsey Drive, St. John's, NL has the Worst Customer Service

Canadian Tire Kelsey Drive, St. John's, NL has the Worst Customer Service

It's not a surprise that Canadian Tire is rated as one of the worst 3 for customer service in Canada by CBC's Market Place. There recent episode does a great job of breaking it all down. I've shared the link below.

I recently purchased a Christmas tree from Canadian Tire on Kelsey Drive in St. John's that was defective. When I tried to return it they said the product was opened and therefore it could not be returned. I tried to reason that I had to open and assemble the tree to determine that it did not function properly but the manager would have no part in the discussion and he said "you bought so it's now your problem". I tried to negotiate a store credit in lieu of a refund but again the store manager said "absolutely not, you bought it so it's now your problem". To make matters worse, I purchased a more expensive tree called a smart tree that claims to work even if bulbs are missing, loose, or burnt out. Well it wasn't that smart as some sets of lights just don't work.

I'm very disappointed with Canadian Tire as they do not stand behind their products and they do not offer any quality level of customer service what so ever. In my opinion the store manager was very rude and is in desperate need of training.

The matter isn't closed yet as I will be increasing the pressure where possible and would appreciate your assistance by sharing on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2012/canadasworstcustomerservice/

Sincerely,
Jason Janes

Posted via email from truenewfie's posterous

No comments: